Australian Consumer Law
ACL guides were developed by national, state and territory consumer protection agencies, aim to help businesses clarify their rights and obligations when problems arise.
The ACL is Australia’s national consumer law, which replaced previous consumer protection laws in the Commonwealth, states and territories in 2011. It applies at the Commonwealth level and in each state and territory.
The guides cover key aspects of the law such as refunds and sales practices, focusing on issues where:
- industry bodies have asked for more detailed guidance for business
- consumers frequently report problems to national, state and territory consumer protection agencies.
1. Consumer Guarantees - pdf
2. Sales Practices - pdf
3. Avoiding Unfair Business Practices - pdf
4. Unfair Contract Terms - pdf
5. Motor Vehicles Sales and Repairs - pdf
6. Electrical and Whitegoods - pdf
7. Personal Services - pdf
8. Rental Cars - pdf
9. Travel and Accommodation - pdf
10. Consumer Product Safety - pdf
- Compliance and Enforcement - pdf | word
(Contact us for printed copies)
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission administer and is the sole regulator for product safety in the Nothern Territory. Visit their website at www.productsafety.gov.au
Many of these documents are in PDF format. Download free Adobe Acrobat Reader here