A landlord/agent or “interested person” such as a neighbour can apply to Northern Territory Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NTCAT) for termination of the tenancy if the conduct of a tenant is unacceptable.  “Unacceptable” includes:

  • using the premises for an illegal purpose;
  • repeatedly causing a nuisance on or from the premises or repeatedly permitting a nuisance to be caused on or from the premises;
  • repeatedly causing an interference with the reasonable peace or privacy of a person residing in the immediate vicinity.