The Tenancy Unit within Consumer Affairs provides services to tenants and landlords (and professional advisors) of commercial properties in the Northern Territory. The legislative responsibilities of tenants and landlords are outlined in the Business Tenancies (Fair Dealings) Act and while it's provisions relate primarily to retail shop leases there are some sections that apply to all business tenancies.
For general advice about business tenancies you can access the following information:
- Business Tenancies (Fair Dealings) Act - pdf | word
- Landlord's and Tenant's Disclosure Statements pdf | word
- Assignor's Disclosure Statement pdf | word
- Application to Commissioner of Business Tenancies for Determination of Retail Tenancy Claim pdf | word
- Certificate of Failure to Resolve Retail Tenancy Claim pdf | word