Consumer Affairs is an independent office within the Department of Attorney - General and Justice. We aim to promote and regulate responsible business conduct through administration of a regulatory system that protects consumer interests.
Our main functions are associated with consumer protection within the purchase of goods and services , residential tenancies and residential building disputes.
Consumer Affairs administers the following Northern Territory Acts:
- Accommodation Providers Act
- Building (Resolution of Residential Building Work Disputes) Regulations
- Business Tenancies (Fair Dealings) Act
- Caravan Parks Act
- Consumer Affairs and Fair Trading Act(including the Australian Consumer Law)
- Partnerships Act
- Price Exploitation Prevention Act
- Residential Tenancies Act
- Retirement Villages Act
- Sale of Goods Act
- Uncollected Goods Act
- Warehousemen's Liens Act
Northern Territory Legislation